Premium Acrylic HydroStop® System
The HydroStop® roof coating system is an affordable solution to extend the life of structurally sound metal roofs.
A fully-reinforced roof coating system assembly that meets FM 4470*
Count on the HydroStop® System for recover, reroof, and new roof applications.
This easy-to-apply roof system offers excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates, including metal, structural concrete, TPO, PVC, Hypalon®, EPDM, polyiso, gypsum roof board, and asphaltic roofs, for a combination of reinforcement and toughness.
*Refer to FM RoofNav for Actual assemblies
Products in the HydroStop® System
Learn about warranty and guarantee coverageWarranty info
HydroStop® System Case Studies
5 simple steps to metal roof restoration
with the HydroStop® System
1. Qualify and prep the roof
- Ensure the roof is clean, dry, and tight
- Conduct adhesion test to ensure proper coating adhesion
- Make any necessary repairs to the sheet metal and secure or replace all loose or missing fasteners
- Power wash roof using GAF Cleaning Concentrate
- Install sheet metal crickets behind rooftop units, if needed
3. Treat seams and fasteners
- Seal horizontal seams, ridges and rake edges using a roof brush with GAF Premium Brush-Grade Acrylic Flashing and 12” GAF Premium Fabric (Three-course at a rate of 30 linear feet per gallon)
- Vertical seams: Seal with GAF Premium Brush-Grade Acrylic Flashing
- Fasteners: Encapsulate all fasteners using GAF Premium Brush-Grade Flashing
4. Detail penetrations
Apply GAF Acrylic Base Coat to help improve adhesion of the GAF Acrylic Top Coat and mitigate any asphaltic bleed-through- Apply Acrylic Base Coat per the specifications for a 10/15 year warranty, can be brushed, rolled, or spray-applied
5. Coat the roof
- Apply two coats of GAF Premium Acrylic HydroStop® Top Coat per the specifications for a 10/15/20-year limited warranty or guarantee
- GAF acrylic can be brushed, rolled, or spray-applied
Download the complete installation stepsDownload
Use these links to connect with the products and people you need to get the job done.
Building a better GAF Commercial around you
We’re building new plants for greater capacity, and better systems for faster response and higher visibility.Learn more
We’re building better, faster, more accurate access to the information you need.Learn more
Whether you manage one property or 1,000, we’re building the products and programs you need to reroof, restore, or maintain your investment.Learn more