This residential contractor is a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor. GAF trains and tests thousands of the best roofers in the country and makes sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer the best warranties.
Certifications & Awards
"Customer asked us not to share his/her review."
"very professional%2C knowledgeable%2C friendly and helpful."
"We turned an upstairs closet area into a bathroom and finished our basement. We were very happy with Advantage's work. The construction crew was professional, completed work on schedule, and did good work. Sean was very responsive and easy to deal with."
"Brian did an outstanding job tiling our shower and Sean coordinated the project while we were out of town and was able to complete the project ahead of schedule (with the exception of the glass door to be installed in the coming weeks)."
"The Advantage Home Contracting crew was on time, full of ideas and did excellent work. The crew built an interior wall with French doors, a fireplace surround, and completed a number of smaller jobs. The results exceeded our expectations in every way."
- "We turned an upstairs closet area into a bathroom and finished our basement. We were very happy with Advantage's work. The construction crew was professional, completed work on schedule, and did good work. Sean was very responsive and easy to deal with."
- "Brian did an outstanding job tiling our shower and Sean coordinated the project while we were out of town and was able to complete the project ahead of schedule (with the exception of the glass door to be installed in the coming weeks)."
- "The Advantage Home Contracting crew was on time, full of ideas and did excellent work. The crew built an interior wall with French doors, a fireplace surround, and completed a number of smaller jobs. The results exceeded our expectations in every way."
- "Water damage inside the house was determined by AHC. to be a roof leak around our Radon Vent.. They did a great job identifying the issue and repairing the leak. We are very pleased with their professionalism and technical skills."
- "I needed to have an existing tub caulked and also have the floor replaced from linoleum with penny tiles. The rep came in to inspect and provide a quote. He stated that I would have a quote by Friday. By the next Wed I had to contact them to obtain the quote. It took several days before I had a response. When I finally did receive a quote, it did not include installing the new tile floor. I had to contact again and wait another week+ for a response. It's a small bathroom of 5x8. The quote was $4000+ to just install the floor and $200 in caulking materials and $150/hr for 1st hour and $120/ each additional hour. That's at the bare minimum of $500 for caulking. That quote is outrageous! We are talking about almost $5000 to caulk and tile (not including the cost if the floor tiles). I contacted them to discuss further and try to bring the cost down, but have not had a return response. I now have to find another contractor and have wasted over a month dealing with this company. I DO NOT recommend using this unprofessional company."
- "Had a major drywall repair after a huge plumbing job. They were great to work with, did a thorough job, and came in under budget. Very satisfied!"
- "We had a great experience with Advantage on our half bath remodel. Advantage was responsive to our inquiry, completed the job on time and per the initial quote. We ordered some of the fixtures ourselves and the supplier did not meet promised delivery dates. Advantage worked with us around these delays and finished the project on time. The Techs from Advantage were friendly, thorough and hard working. Even though our project was small, we received great service. Will definitely use them again and highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable, fairly priced contractor."
- "Sean and his staff were profession. From the off they took care of a very large project for me and completed the job on time and in budget. They left my property immaculate and everyone played a key part in making this happen. I have been renovating large projects for 30 years and will not move from Advantage given there lasting impression. Keep up the good work and I will continue to use you, I’ll also be referring a few friends who have large projects and builds they require."
- "This is the easiest 5 star review that I have ever had the pleasure of writing. The team have been incredible from start to finish. We had a new roof and two new bathrooms completed this summer and the level of quality and attention to detail has been epic. They have a really good eye for design and has made excellent suggestions throughout the process, never compromising on the final finish. On a personal note they worked around our manic family life (2 young children and 1 little dog) and was friendly and much loved throughout. My toddler still asks where they are on a daily basis!"
- "Advantage Home Contracting built a roof over our 26’x12’ patio, installed two ceiling fans and installed oversized gutters around our house. They communicated with us constantly about the progress and the next steps. The work was top notch and to code. They were on time every day and cleaned up every day. We are very pleased with the total project. The best compliment I can give this company is repeat business. They are currently remodeling two bathrooms for us and will paint the outside of our house in the spring."
- "I was so impressed with the quality of work that was done on my home. the staff was very professional and courteous. They were neat and tidy. Pricing was exceptional and worth every penny. I am very satisfied with Advantage Home Contracting that I would definitely refer them to friends and family. They made sure I was pleased and the clean up was done each day. All I can say is "JOB WELL DONE!!! I'M HAPPY"."
- "Advantage Home Contracting did the most beautiful job remodeling my condo on a budget! The staff was lovely, they took care of all the permits, and I got some really good deals on materials from their partners. My project manager helped me manage the budget, and we worked together to find the cheapest place to get the best materials. It was all done in a timely matter, and I'm absolutely in love with my home! Thank you so much!!! :)"
- "We had a large painting project we hired Advantage for and I can honestly say we didn't have any issues with the pricing, the work, the finished product or the overall process. The estimate was set up quickly and they were able to work with our schedule. The guest room walls are flawless and my wife's "she-shed" is exactly what she wanted. The guy that came was professional and kept all the spaces neat and tidy while he worked. I will definitely reach out again if we need anything else."
- "Advantage Home Contracting did an amazing job remodeling our master bathroom. It was a full gut and a very complicated design and they pulled it off masterfully. They also performed some structural work with a house overhang and rebuilt the skirt on the house. All the tradesmen were professional, courteous, hardworking and walked us through any complications. They were also very understanding in our desires to make changes mid-construction. We were also really impressed with the subcontractors they used, specifically the plumber, electrician, & tile layers. Top notch work and we LOVE our new bathroom."
- "Thanks for everything!! Great customer service within in the budget. The experts did a great job to me. So I would definitely prefer recommending them. Can’t imagine such an excellent job at such an alluring price!!"
- "We love our two new bathrooms! Advantage Home Contracting team is excellent. They did beautiful work - on budget and on time. They were professionals, worked efficiently, paid attention to the small details, and took pride in their work quality. The renovations went according to plan; there were no issues. Very pleased with Advantage Home Contracting team. I would hire them again in the future. I will recommend them to family and friends."
- "Advantage Home Contracting was recommended to us by our neighbor. We hired them and we were very pleased with their work. The company installed a new roof on our split level home, a gutter system and three skylights. They also painted our trim and shutters. The crew worked diligently. They were prompt, hard-working, professional and respectful. They cleaned up all work areas before they left the property each night and at the end of the job our property was spotless. From beginning to end they did a wonderful job! Our experience was great and I would recommend Advantage Contracting with no hesitation."
- "A friend of mine showed and told me their horror story in dealing with Advantage when I asked for advice on a local contractor. Not only will they have to find another contractor to fix their mistakes but it sounds like the owner caused my friend extreme emotional distress as well from his poor behavior :(. I did some more research and found someone of higher quality to do my home work"
- "I have used Advantage for various home projects and repairs. I'm never disappointed. From gutter cleaning to drywall repairs, they can do just about anything. I always call them and like that I can expect quality work every single time."
- "I had my master bathroom remodeled and could not be more pleased! My whole experience from my estimate with Sean to the excellent work done by Charles was wonderful. I would recommend them to anyone looking to have a home improvement project done!"
- "Advantage Home Contracting built us a high-quality, multi-room office and completed the project on time. The staff is extremely professional, responsive, and knowledgeable. You can tell you are hiring decades worth of experience when you contract them for your build."
- "This was a 3 car garage that the Advantage Home Contracting Team turned into a beautiful office. From the kitchen to the bathroom to the flooring, fireplace, whiteboards, it was all done professionally with attention to detail. I am thankful each day to work in such a nice office. It's hard to imagine it was once a garage!"
- "We had a great experience with Advantage, helping us finish off a playroom for our kids (inc. framing, insulation, drywall, subfloor, windows, lighting, duct work, electrical, etc). They did excellent work, even when they ran into unforeseen challenges, and were willing to work with us on our budget from the beginning. Very friendly too!"
- "The Advantage Home Contracting Team has serviced our property many times. Their work consisted of such things as discovering why our AC/Heat did not seem very efficient because the previous owners had sealed off the intake vents, chasing birds out of our attic, appliance removal and installation and general repairs. Always friendly and fast. Never a wait and sometimes driving long distances to get a part so the project could be finished that day. Highly recommend."
- "I highly recommend Advantage Home Contracting. Their employees were very professional and did great work on our deck!"
- "We have used this company on many occasions. They are fast, friendly, and efficient. They have helped us with appliance installation, door repairs, blind hanging, and even prevention of birds coming in!! Highly recommend this team of professionals."
- "We had a master bath remodel from demolition to finished room. There were a number of questions that we worked out on the spot, with plenty of discussion with the main workman. It was all very professional. And flexibility was key. I always knew when someone was coming and the schedule was firm for the most part, as was the price quoted. I had a couple issues after the project was competed and Advantage was on the spot immediately. And, as with most projects, things came up long after completion and those were handled as well. I was pleased that most of the work was done by Advantage employees. I did not use the design service that is offered."
- "I contacted Sean (owner) of Advantage to get an estimate on re-doing our deck and extending it to make it slightly larger. In addition to that I was looking for a quote to install a sliding door and put pavers on the lower level. I received quotes from two other companies but felt that Sean's pricing was fair and transparent and moved forward with Advantage. After tearing out our old deck it was discovered that our rear wall had a significant amount of wood rot. The entire team went over the damage and alerted Sean right away so we could come up with a plan. Despite it being completely unforeseen, the work was done within a day, and I feel confidently that our house is now in excellent shape! The deck was finished flawlessly and we have already been enjoying it daily, even in the winter. The team to install the pavers were incredibly talented, they worked with a difficult gradient. The final product is stunning. I felt that my preferences and concerns were heard and respected, and I appreciated the transparency in pricing. Sean and his team want you to be happy with the work done, and will do everything in their power to ensure a beautiful final product. My only suggestion in working with Advantage would be to work with Better Living in acquiring the materials instead of Lowes. Our decking material purchased from Better Living was delivered without an issue, however we tried to adjust our budget and order items from Lowes for other parts of the project. Not only did some items arrive broken, but Lowes lost our order within the store multiple times, leading to wasted hours of the Advantage team waiting for them to retrieve the materials. If you do go with Lowe's make sure to call ahead the day before so they are prepared for the order pickup! Thanks Sean, Robbie, and Micah (and teams!)!"
- "Advantage has taken care of a wide variety of jobs over the years at my primary residence, as well as a rental property. Tony and company are reliable, professional, do good work and are very responsive. Pricing has been clear and fair. I use their services for any jobs I can't do myself (or don't feel like doing)."
- "Advantage designed and built some custom shelving in our basement that we are very pleased with. Will reach out for more work soon. Thank you!"
- "We had the exterior of our barn painted. Looks great. Would recommend and use again!"
- "I hired advantage for a basement remodel a few months back. They are nearing completion and I am so pleased with the work. John, Robbie, Sean, and Ryan have all been excellent to work with. I can’t wait to see the finished product!"
- "I am extremely disappointed and disgusted by the operation of this company. My friend hired Advantage to finish her basement. Despite her paying exorbitantly more than the square footage of her basement warranted, Advantage left a mess on site, and left several areas of the basement that they had worked on extremely unsatisfactorily. Sloppy caulk lines, floating sections of flooring, some floor sections not even properly connected, holes in the wall, unpainted and unfinished sections of wall, etc (there’s a lot). There is one part of the basement that she requested be finished that never was, though it’s in the contract, and another part under the stairs that was finished without her requesting but still being billed for time and materials (not to mention the poor quality of how they finished it). When we asked the project manager John to return to the site to go over the discrepancies he came with an extremely rude and inappropriate attitude. I was there to support my friend and was shocked that she had hired a bully to build her basement. He acted not only extremely disrespectful and condescending towards me, but to her, the homeowner and client In calling the owner of the company, Sean, we were told that he would have a crew out first thing to fix the problems that had been noted... Some of those problems were “fixed”, others not even touched. I have done similar projects to these in a DIY capacity. Though I would not consider myself an expert or professional I know what a quality job looks like, this was not one. I have documented in pictures all of these problems and intend to pursue in a court of law and with the registrar of contractors for a substantial amount of money returned and for this company to immediately cease operations. What my friend paid should have gotten her a luxury basement and increase in house value What she got instead was a long-standing headache and stress that cost more than the value it will ever add. I shudder to think of how many other folks have been conned or bullied by this company. If you would like to see the pictures or had a similar experience and are interested in a lawsuit please feel free to contact me. Benjamin.email@example.com"
Installed Roofs Near You
Find Other Roofing Contractors Nearby
- Chville Roofing
- Charlottesville Roofing
- Charlottesvle Roofing
- Newcomb Hall Roofing
- University Roofing
- Monticello Roofing
- Ivy Roofing
- Earlysville Roofing
- White Hall Roofing
- Boyd Tavern Roofing
- Campbell Roofing
- Cismont Roofing
- Cobham Roofing
- Keswick Roofing
- Shadwell Roofing
- Free Union Roofing
- Mission Home Roofing
- Crozet Roofing